Welcome to our light cycle guide!
Covering photos and autos…
Photo sensitive seeds explained:
- Seedling phase is first initiated. You should maintain a 18/6 (18 hours lights on, 6 hours lights off) schedule or a 24/0 schedule. Your seedlings will move out of this phase once they have their first true leafs (5 blade leaf), typically within one or two weeks.
- Vegging phase now begins. Photo sensitive plants are unique in that you can veg them for as long as you wish so long as you have the space. During veg you should maintain a 18/6 or 20/4 light schedule. You can leave your plant in veg until it is the size you desire. Keep in mind however during flower your plant can stretch up to 2x its size.
- Once you feel your plant is large enough to fill your space once it switches, you can change your lighting to flower. During flower you should maintain a 12/12 lighting schedule. You plant will now begin to flower, first going through a stretch phase (your plant will dramatically increase in size).
- You should leave your plant in flower until harvest. Read our guide here on how to know when your plant is ready.
Auto-Flower seeds explained:
- Auto flowers are very unique in their genetic design in that they can be kept in a constant light cycle their entire life.
- You should maintain a 18/6 or 20/4 lighting schedule for auto flowers. Autoflowers will switch into flower themselves and do not require limiting light (potentially allowing for higher yields).
- You should leave your plant in this lighting schedule until harvest. Read our guide here on how to know when your plant is ready.